Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Kirsti Luba Collins

My dear friends birthday is today. I hope she knows what a gem she is in my life. She is one of those people that once she becomes a part of your world you are better. When she is around she brings with her a desire to make one a better person, a courage to stand up for yourself, the resolve not to wallow in self doubt or pity. She is the kind of friend that says its safe to be open and honest with me and I will still accept your friendship. She is the person that when she calls at midnight and says meet me at this place now that I quickly put shoes on and jump in my car. I go not because I fear her rebuke but because I enjoy her company that much! She doesn't like her birthday and hopes that the day passes by without pomp and circumstance yet I had to at least write her a little note to tell her how thankful I am for her. I am so thankful she was born. I am thankful for her and the unique gentle person she is. Without her the world would be different and for that I am so glad she is here and here now as my friend. Happy birthday dear friend! I'll write you a little note in a very unpublic blog and hope that today and other days you remember how amazing you are!

Wendy

No comments: