Monday, February 25, 2013

I'm a woman



Yes, I realize that is not a surprise to anyone who knows me so keep reading.

I am so thankful I am a woman.
I rejoice in the differences between man and woman. While they outwardly seem sometimes unequal, or less beneficial to be one or another, I am thankful for the woman that I am and for the divinely appointed roles of each.
I am thankful for the gospel and the understanding I am given of my divinity of womanhood. Also why those divine differences are so blessed and beautiful.

This is not a direct response to the recent "events" of the women in the church or outside the church. But due to those things and some other recent conversations, I have been thinking about it.

I was chatting with a male on Saturday evening who told me my sense of womanliness was a very attractive quality. Thank you Mr Unnamed for valuing me as a woman and daughter of God!

2 comments:

BarbarianPhilosohper said...

This post makes me glad I found your blog. We need more noble women in the world like you.

I think a major problem in our society is that somehow we have gone from "Men and Women are equally important" to Men=Women, Women=Men.

The problem is that we are devaluing both men and women in the process. If we (men and women) are seen as the same, then neither is special and the bond and union or blending of men and women in marriage loses it's place and importance. Other options seem just as good.

BarbarianPhilosohper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.