Tuesday, July 06, 2010

I think I am a bit too good at protecting my heart. The good thing is that I am strong and able because of this. The bad thing is that when I open up I tend to get more defensive and scared and therefore push away those that I am trying to open my heart to. Isn't it fun having quirks? :P


Scared of having my heartache.
The pain it causes and the feelings that flow.
Why does it have to be so attached to my emotions?

When will I be able to open up?
Will there be someone patient enough for my quirk?

My heart has been broken,
I have survived so why does that feeling scare me so?
I made it through heartache before
So I know I can do it again.
Yet my defenses seem to be getting stronger.

I have an old friend who would laugh
As he thought my defenses were high way back when.
Am I growing and getting better with time or
Do my fears direct me where the faith should be leading?

What am I to do except learn and keep trying,
To get better and stronger with each experience!

No comments: